Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm going to Frock on!

The magical location!

Maybe you’ve heard about this event, or maybe you haven’t. Either way I will enlighten you about its wonderous grasp on the Lolita mind.
I came across this event by accident on Facebook. Someone, in my local community, posted about whether or not to attend. Out of curiosity I clicked the link. What I read there left me simply dumb struck.
Frock on is an event organized by The Tea Party Club. This year, in celebration of their 6th anniversary, there is a Lolita shopping extravaganza! A display of fashions shows, workshops, presentations, raffles, prizes, illustrators, photographers, AND international Lolita shops selling their goody treasures! And all this is taking place in London! Also the day after a grand tea party will also take place.
Oh my god. I couldn’t believe what I had read. An event so big and so close to home. This was a chance I could not simply let slip through my fingers.  I visited the official website and booked my two tickets for both days.
I was out of breath and dazed by all the pink glitter that erupted in front of me. I really love how these events are being organized by such clever people. They remind me very much of myself.
 I am also an aspiring event organizer and have hosted a fair amount of small successful events and meets. This year I’m taking it a step further and will be organizing a big event in October. Frock on is so similar to what I want to do. I really admire the organizers. I’m thinking of doing voluntary work for them next year. I find it simply amazing what they want to achieve.

So are any of you attending? If so let me know. I’d love to meet up. If you aren’t sure yet check out their website: http://teapartyclub.doomby.com/

Thanks for reading and take care.

1 comment: